Coalition on Homelessness, San Francisco
Job Description: Development Intern
The Coalition on Homelessness organizes poor and homeless people to create permanent solutions to poverty and homelessness while protecting the civil and human rights of those forced to remain on the streets. Started in 1987, low-income and homeless people work in every aspect of the organization, from the volunteers to the staff and leadership body.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Overall responsibilities include development and fundraising related duties in collaboration with the Development Coordinator. The Development Intern will be responsible for assisting in the coordination of fundraising activities, events, and funding solicitations. Specifically, these duties include:
- Assistance with grant research and potential new funding sources
- Coordinating and supporting the launch of presentations to a variety of groups and companies
- Supporting fundraising events (ex: Bocce Ball and Annual Art Auction) with logistics, donations, outreach, etc.
- Overseeing development needs on social media (ex: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Assistance with a sales and distribution plan for merchandise
- Contributing toward the development of a monthly sustainer campaign for 2017
- Overseeing the monthly Street Sheet mailing process
- Supporting direct mail and any other solicitations
- Other tasks and assignments as needed
- Interest in development work and fundraising
- Computer literate (familiarity with Macintosh a plus)
- Ability to coordinate several activities simultaneously
- Excellent people skills and writing skills
- Strong commitment to social justice
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel and database software (FileMaker Pro a plus) or ability to learn the latter
- Ability to work well in a team and with diverse populations
Internship start time is negotiable, but as soon as possible. Candidate should be available between 10-15 hours per week, but hours may fluctuate based on need. This application is on a rolling basis and until position is filled. This is an unpaid internship. Please send resume and cover letter to Lesley Haddock, Development Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org, 468 Turk Street, San Francisco, CA 94102, or hand deliver to the same address.